vw t4

Any body got advice on fitting new valve guides on a 2.4 5cyl diesel?

Cheers Guy

-- cragz

Reply to
cragz

Get it done by a professional engineering workshop would be my advice. There

*many* ways of getting this wrong even with the correct equipment. Even getting the old guides out without damaging the head can be a 'challenge'. You'll have to get the valve seats recut in any case and the new guides reamed to size once installed too, so it makes sense to let the engineers who do this every day carry out the work. Plus if they screw it up they have to fix it :>) Where are you located? I know of several good firms who can do this work. Are your guides really that shot? My T4 ACV has over 270k miles on it and still no signs of guide wear.

JB

Reply to
JB

Pay someone.

Reply to
Conor

The gudes tapped out with the bent valves ,have bought replacement which have a lip on them so can only press them so far into the hea .Haven`t done this before so any advice would be of help .

Cheers guy

-- cragz

Reply to
cragz