Waterproof mains plug/sockets?

i am fitting an engine preheater to my xm but need to find a safe way of plugging it into the mains. my plan is to fit a socket to the front of the car underneath the bumper...but obviously it needs to fit flush and be waterproof to the on slaught of winter weather. so maybe it needs a flap that flaps over the fitting when not in use. anyone know where i may get one of these?

ta

Steve

Reply to
R P McMurphy

I'd start by using a plug, not a socket :-) You can get 16A Ceeform plugs designed for caravans that have aflap over them, conventional £2.50 16A sockets fit on them . Bizarrely the cheapest place to buy these retail is normally your local theatre suppliers.

Reply to
Duncan Wood