91 Ford Escort Petrol Smell

Hi all,

I currently own a '91 Ford Escort that seems to be producing an intermittent petrol smell when the car is at a standstill.

The smell will only usually occur when the car has been left without use for a half day or more, it doesn't seem to occur if I have driven it recently. It also occurs only when the car is not moving.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any ideas what could be wrong?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out on this one!

Regards, David Hickman

Reply to
David Hickman

Any wet spots under the car? Check around the tank seam as well.

Reply to
Conor Turton

pig of a job as the cage nuts were all spinning.

Reply to
Mindwipe