what tyres for the winter months?

Aye. Curiously enough this one (waves at '04 9-3) isn't so fussy with the fronts now at just under 3mm. I'm undecided if this is because the rears are not as good quality or if the Michelins have always felt this way! :-)

In my other machines there's been a big difference at this point onwards, such that when the tread depth reaches 3mm, the tyres are in for the chop. Guess what I'm planning on doing on Saturday?

Reply to
DervMan

Digging the car out of the snow going by the weather forecast.

:p

Reply to
Conor

Ray will be along shortly to tell you that's exactly what you should have done because you are obviously not a driver who concentrates.

;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Incorrect. the way to do it is drive slower. As Duncan said, 17mph should have been sufficient. (in fact you could probably have managed

25mph or so)
Reply to
grape