Whats colour is Fords "metalic black" colour?

My sister has a 2000 model Ford Fiesta, its metalic black in colour, does anyone know the exact colour as per Fords description? ive heard it may be "panther black" can anyone confirm this is the only metalic black Ford do?

Ide ask her myself but im planning on buying her a rear spoiler for it for her birthday but dont really want to have to spoil the surprise by asking her the correct colour code/name.

any help appreciated thanks

Reply to
Eres

Subtly pop round to see her and ask her when she last checked the oil. If it hasn't been a while insist she lets you do a quick check of oil and other fluids as she should be checking them more often. Then have a peek at the VIN plate, which should have the colour code on it (or just make a note of the whole vin no if not, they'll be able to deduce it from there).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

shes 18 years old, just got her license and car, trying to track her downs impossible,lol, i know what you mean though, as a last resort i'll use that cheers

Reply to
Eres

Do you know the registration number? If so, your local Ford dealer might be able to look up the precise colour/colour code using that.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ahhh excellent, didnt know that may be possible, ill try sort it that way thanks

Reply to
Eres

In message , Eres writes

Yes it is Panther Black. It was the only black metallic they produced at that time. The metallic flecking is quite noticeable in this colour.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Panther black is the colour. fords website has a facility to book a service on it, if you enter the details it comes up with lots of useful info. that might help.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Excellent info guys many thanks

Reply to
Eres

Send me the reg no. or VIN no. and I will tell you the colour & the paint code

JK

Reply to
JK

just need a reg number and they will find it on microcat just say you need a touch up pen or something ortherwise they have been known to charge for this sort of silliness (or the other good one is "bring the car in so we can have a look at it to see what colour it is" when i had a prang in the saph to which i replied "it's got a bent rear wishbone so it's not going anywhere, i just want to know what colour the paint is rather than say "it's White!!!!" ')

Reply to
dojj

Hello,

It will be panther black on the fiesta as that is the only shade of black they do on that model you mentioned.

Reply to
klf

[snip]

"Panther Black" was introduced in 1997 and there are over a hundred varients of it.

Also there's

Ash black Magic black Space black Eclipse black Ebony black to name just a few metallic colours. Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull