which colour?

Going to give the Punto a quick blow over,

undecided on colour, thinking a nice bright orange in clear over base or kawasaki green like my old mini.

any thoughts guys for a commuter hack with a few mods :)

Reply to
Rob

Either you'll be spending more on the paint than the car is worth, or it'll look s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

waddya mean "either"?

Reply to
Pete M

'You'll be spending more on paint than the car is worth and it'll look s**te'.

Better?

Reply to
SteveH

Aye, ta.

Although I'm considering going on a mad one with the Safrane, just to see if it's the colour that makes the thing invisible.

Was thinking of a set of 18" blingrims, tints, dropping it 40mm and painting it a silly colour, then dropping a T5 lump in, presuming a T5 lump should be an easy enough swap, that is.

There's a Safrane BiTurbo knocking about near my work which is a phase 1, black with tints and 17"s on which looks ok, but it's still invisible to the naked eye. "B11 TUB" I think the plate is.

Reply to
Pete M

Heh.

T5 yellow or Fiat 'Broom Yellow' are the way forward.....

Big cars in Broom Yellow tend to look a bit odd. Which I suppose is the desired effect.

I have the sick idea of doing the 20vT conversion on the Marea. But leaving everything else untouched to the eye.

Reply to
SteveH

Nato green with black steel rims on spacers, lowered for excessive camber at the rear.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

bright pink with daisies scattered all over it..

Reply to
Bigus

I suspect I'll be spending more than the car cost me to paint the Golf. Not more than it's worth to me mind :).

Reply to
Doki

LOL, I'm doing that on the Capri next month. 24th April and in the paintshop she goes fror a fortnight of rot removal and a repaint. £1000-ish at mates rates.

Reply to
Conor

Broom Yellow, like mine :D

Reply to
Nicky

well considering i'm doing it myself it shouldnt cost more than the car :) i know fiats depreciate like hell but its worth more than 60 quid :)

Reply to
Rob

Ouch. Any idea how much of that is going on paint?

Reply to
Doki