wheels on a corolla

hi, what is the easiest and cheapest way to paint some wheels on a ten year old corolla please. spray can or brush and paint? if brush and paint what is the best paint to use please? thanks john west.

Reply to
john west++++

Sliver Smoothrite looks fine, as long as you prepare the wheels well (remove all dirt, rub down any corrosion) you can get a good finish with a brush.

If you are going to spray make sure you mask the tyres off properly, nothing looks worse than overspray on tyres!

Reply to
Me

Or the rest of the car for that matter. I once sprayed a patch on my car, masked off all of that side and about 3 foot in every direction from where I was spraying. I found plenty of overspray on the bonnet. Grey primer on metallic black looks really good ;).

Reply to
Doki

I used a silver Smoothrite spraycan on the ally wheels of my Celica GT4. Excellent result. Good as the original finish IMO, and 2 years on they still look as good. I'd certainly recommend using it. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G