Which windscreen wiper

Hi,

My current set of wipers are not able to clean effectively. In fact they are simply creating a mess on my windscreen. Each time I use these, it seems to me my windscreen has got a layer of grease on it! I have cleaned the windscreen with glass cleaner spray and now I attribute everything to my wipers.

This being the background, can someone recommend some good wiper brand (nothing exorbitant please!). My local Motaman has got BOSCH and it's own brand.

Regards.

Reply to
Prasanta

Friend of mine reckons Halfords own brand is more effective than Bosch (he's in no way connected with halfords!)

Reply to
<fishman nineteen at bifgoot dot com>

The Valeo ones on mine have lasted over a year.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from "Prasanta" contains these words:

Bosch /used/ to make really good wipers - when they did a flavour with coextruded blades - a hard bit for retention and a softer bit for wiping.

I can't remember what they were called but I ain't seem 'em for ages. The new ones don't seem so good.

Reply to
Guy King

I doubt if you are getting all the traffic film off with glass cleaner. The best thing I've ever come across for this is Holt's Mixra. Spray it on, wipe it off. Job done, until the next time.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

I agree with this. Particularly if your windscreen has any significant curvature - the bosch is just too stiff.

Reply to
Doug

They were called 'TWIN' and were withdrawn some years ago - probably cost too much to make. :-(

Reply to
Ian Edwards

They were withdrawn because of claims from motorists over burnt-out wiper motors. Twice the number of blades is twice the friction.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Agreed. Mixra is magic for removing greasy traffic film with the wipers doing all the work. As for wipers:- Halfords..... work quite good but can judder and they deform after a few months leaving streaks. Bosch..... work great when new, but 3 weeks later they leave streaks where the rubber has deformed. Champion......pretty good, last quite well. Equip...... (dead cheap £4 for 2 in a yellow packet, Tesco sold them in the winter) Perfect performance and last forever!

I tried numerous other motor factor brands over the years, none have been as good as these Equip ones. I read one review in a magazine that said Trico were the best but I've never seen them anywhere.

A tip is to get shorter blades than original, I use 18" instead of 21". Better wiping, less lift at speed and cheaper. It's only 1.5" less at each end, you won't miss it.

Reply to
Steve B

The message from "Steve B" contains these words:

I used to use those in Hounslow 'cos any wiper dissolved quite quickly 'cos of the fine rain of aviation fuel from the glidepath to Heathrow. Wasn't worth having anything expensive 'cos the all dissolved just as fast.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

They weren't double bladed - they were single bladed but made out of a twin injection moulding process which like I said at the top gave 'em a stiff bit to hold the blade true and a soft bit to do the wiping.

Reply to
Guy King

I need new wipers and found this

would seem that theTP TV480 at £11.69 a pair came out best, available from Car Parts Direct.

Reply to
Sally