Who Do Rover 214 ECU/MEMs Testing/Repairs ?

£35 testing fee which is waived if your ecu is faulty and you ask them to repair / recon it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

---------------------- Thanks for the info Tim

I now know the ECU is faulty because I tried a differnet ECU (non-security coded one) and the problem goes away. For further confirmation, the suspect ECU was placed on another Rover which was know to be okay, and the same fault appeared on that car as well. The fault being that starting up from cold (which is sometimes impossible or difficult) the mixture is so rich you can smell the fumes and the idle revs are far too high. On reaching normal temperature the idle revs fall back to around 1250 (should be about 800-900) but don't remain stable at all, constantly hunting between about 1200-1500 rpm. I first suspected the throttle pot, then the air flow meter, then just about every other component until all that was left was the ECU which as I said is certainly dodgy. I've cleaned out the ECU vacum inlet but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks again for the link, I'll give them a call or may try the local breakers to see what they have in stock - although I'll have to get a non coded one because it costs a fair bit to have them re-coded.

BG

------------

Reply to
BG

Check the earthing of the ECU before spending any money -- very common problem on Rovers, also check the stub pipe on the ECU to the ma sensor isn't cracked -- very easy to damage.

Reply to
AWM

BG> I now know the ECU is faulty because I tried a differnet ECU BG> (non-security coded one) and the problem goes away. For BG> further confirmation, the suspect ECU was placed on another BG> Rover which was know to be okay, and the same fault appeared BG> on that car as well. The fault being that starting up from BG> cold (which is sometimes impossible or difficult) the mixture BG> is so rich you can smell the fumes and the idle revs are far BG> too high. On reaching normal temperature the idle revs fall BG> back to around 1250 (should be about 800-900) but don't remain BG> stable at all, constantly hunting between about 1200-1500 rpm. BG> I first suspected the throttle pot, then the air flow meter, BG> then just about every other component until all that was left BG> was the ECU which as I said is certainly dodgy. I've cleaned BG> out the ECU vacum inlet but that didn't make any difference.

Also check

They also recommend checking for induction side airleaks.

AndyC

--

- Everything you wanted to know || about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. |+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+"The world has gone crazy: The best rapper is a white guy, the bestgolfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, andGermany doesn't want to go to war." -- Anon

Mybe Not - I am told that the guy who ran Carelect has died - can anyone else confirm this ? Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike