Will this wheel syze fit?

I have a 1996 Audi A6 fitted with 205 60 15 tyres on wheels size 7J x15 H2 ET 45. Someone I know is selling a set of Audi tyres size 195

65 15 on wheels size 6J x15 H2 ET 38. Can these wheels be used on my car and if not can the tyres be used on my original wheels?

Much obliged for any help.

Reply to
John Prendergast

Your speedo will over read very slightly but they should fit OK. Not something I'd like to do though as the handling will not be as good. Ride comfort in a straight line will be better but it won't corner or stop as well. I went from 185/65-14 to 195/60-15 on my Mondeo and the handling improved considerably, made a big difference. I wouldn't want to go back even though 185/65 was an official Ford approved tyre size for my car.

Steve

Reply to
Rushing7

the difference in the tyre sizes:

205 wide x 123 'thick' you have now 195 wide x 126 'thick' are the other size.

the second tyres are 10 mm thinner and the profile (tread to hub) is

3mm taller. the new wheels are an inch thinner also. a rather small difference and these tyres should fit your existing wheels. the difference in size on your existing ot the new wheels is unlikely to cause any problems. if the new wheells have a different offset (the distance they stick-out from the hub) then there may be a risk of rubbing on lock or touching the wheel arches on full suspension travel. If the new wheels and tyres are a standard audi fitment then I expect no problems, and the difference is so small to have no real affect on your speedo accuracy.

this is just my opinion, I may be talking bo-lox.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yeah but you went to a narrower sidewall in addition to wider tyres. what will affect the other guy more is the make of tyre. He also needs to make sure the hub fitment is identical. The offset is 7mm less (7mm further out) but the tyre is more or less

5mm narrower each side (of the tyre) so pretty much the same overall track.
Reply to
adder1969