Zafira Alarm nuisance

My colleague at work has a Vauxhall Zafira with a factory fitted alarm. The alarm goes off at random whilst parked at work or home for no apparent reason. There is a facility for disabling the internal movement sensors but this does not stop it. Has anyone got any ideas as to which sensor it might be or how to trace it ?

Reply to
Martin Shaw

Yeah IIRC it's the internal battery in the siren itself that is failing. Seem to recall that happening to mine at some time in the past and I think it's a new siren unit unless you are keen to fiddle a lot.

Biggles

Reply to
Alan Shilling

Tech 2 will be able to read the previous 5 (I think, maybe more) alarm activations.

Reply to
moray

Sounds interesting, where's the siren mounted ? Thanks for your prompt reply

Reply to
Martin Shaw

Not 100% sure as I didn't actually do it, but I think it is on the passenger side under the bonnet. I have the Haynes manual but can't get to it for a few days.........

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

Thanks for yur help