2000 Mazda Protege blue smoke at startup. Why?

My 2000 Mazda Protege is smoking blue smoke at start up until it warms up and then it clears up.

Has abt 127k on it and I am the 1st owner and have taken great care of this car

What is likely cause? Valve guides? Ring job?

I was hoping this car would NOT develop such major wear at 127k. is this abnormal or normal?

Reply to
me

Seems a bit premature to me if your understanding and my understanding of "great care" are the same. If you mean always clean and shiny and parked in the garage, we do not. What's been your oil change routine and if you bring it to somebody, do you really trust them?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo