2001 miata won't start

Drove it about a week ago, parked it in the garage and when I tried to start it this morning it would crank but not start. Fuses look ok, the tach doesn't budge while cranking, not sure if it should. It has about 18,500 miles on it. Probably nothing I can do for it myself execept call a towtruck and have it taken to a dealer. About 70 miles away. I do my own tuneups and replace timing belt on my nissan twice (it has 177 k miles). Any ideas? Wes

Reply to
Head Hoser

Head Hoser

Reply to
Jim Untch

Thanks, I looked and they do carry one for the 2001 model. I will be looking for a diagnostic code reader and a service manual for this car. I plan to have it for a long while. I've got a 89 nissan se truck

178k and a 93 h>
Head Hoser

update: The service manager talked to Mazda corp techs and they covered the cost of the mazda fuel pump as our '01 only has 18.5 k on it and is just a few months out of warranty. We paid the labor. Autozone also carries the fuel pump for 199.00, much less than the 700 for Mazda's. . Wes

Reply to
Head Hoser