Boot Cover

Group:

My boot cover has been in the truck for quite a while. It is real loose fitting and won't stay in the groove that holds it on.

Any way to tighten up the fit to put some tension on it to create a tigher fit?

Thanks, gjt

Reply to
gjt

It is not that big and heavy.

Make sure you put the straps around the *lowest* softtop frame member, not the middle member. May need to twist them a few times to get good tension. After you have installed the cover, work it as much as possible towards the front of the car, starting from the rear middle; pull the corners immediately behind the doors as much forward as possible.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Reply to
Mike

thanks Mike. That is my problem exactly. You described it better than I did. The plactic "tongue and groove" is where my problem is. Not enough tension to keep the tongue of the boot in the groove.

thanks, gjt

Mike wrote:

Reply to
gjt

Working the cover forward as much as possible should help this. It forces them to engage.

My 96 NA original cover came *without straps* (I have one from, IIRC, a 93 now.)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen