Bridgestone RE950

My '91 is just a street machine with the Mazda Package alloy wheels when I bought it. No racing, just regular all around driving. I already have a Bridgestone and like it very much. Time to get a new one. The RE950 seems like it would be a good fit. How is it on early Miatas in the 185/60HR14 size?

Pat

It's arguably the best all-season Miata tire available, though it's aimed a bit more toward summer than snow.

But get four, not one. A Miata works much better with tires that match. Rotate them every other oil change (i.e., every 6000 miles).

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

wheels when I

already have a

RE950 seems

185/60HR14

I'm just starting my second year on those tires and have had absolutely no complaints.

Well, other than I can't leave them on year round, that is. They are not good at all in snow. She's got four Blizzaks for that season.

But your best bet is to have *4* matching tires. Or at the very least, matching in each set (front & back).

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

"Pat" wrote

We have run RE950s on the '90 for two years now. Nice general purpose tires....certainly better than the Dunlop D60 A2s that came on my '97. Good wear, good adhesion.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

According to TireRack, they've got pretty good numbers...any idea how they would compare against the Toyo T1-S?

Reply to
Jim Untch

Apples and oranges. The 950 is an all-season, and sacrifices wet and dry grip for limited snow capability and longevity; a compromise that does nothing really well, though compared to other all-season tires the 950 is positioned well toward the "summer" end of the spectrum. The T-1S is a take-no-prisoners summer performance tire, with spectacular grip above

40F, but essentially none on ice and snow, and most people feel lucky to get 18k miles from a set.

I would consider the markets for these tires mutually exclusive: if you need one, the other one won't do at all.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers