Can rotating the tires extend their life by 20%?

pws wrote in news:460443e5$0$8916$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

I can't, in good conscience, recommend snap-on to anyone but a professional. They're great tools, just way too expensive for the average guy. If you're making money from it and need the best, pay tons of money and get the best. But if you just want good quality tools, go Craftsman. As has been mentioned, their warranty is unbeatable, unfortunately, they don't cover _lost_ tools.. :)

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

I did the summer/winter changeover a few times using the OEM scissors jack and lug wrench. It's not fun.

In addition to a floor jack (I sometimes wish I had spent more money on a lighter aluminum one), I use a speed wrench and a long flex handle (I know, I should use a torque wrench):

944271000
904431000 Here's a kit with both:

934389000 (Though I would prefer a longer flex-handle than that.)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

There's nothing like air tools. Best investment I ever made. Set the air for the proper torque, and away you go. Entire job in less than

1/2 hour. I do check the torque by hand also. Two floor jacks help, as well.

Tom

Reply to
altar nospam

I completely agree. Craftsman makes something for anything I would work on the car with. Dunno why I mentioned Snap-On except maybe that I borrowed a Snap-On ratchet not long ago. I am not sure that I could say it is a better tool, both do the job nicely.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Snap-On and Mac tools are indeed better, both workmanship and metallurgy. Craftsman is only able to guarantee its tools for life because they're thick and heavy. The thinner walls on professional sockets, e.g., make them more versatile and easier to use in confined spaces than the relatively-klunky Craftsman sockets.

But Craftsman is still a good value for most of us, who don't use our tools to make a living and can tolerate some klunkiness to save money on tools.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers