don't buy a retracting hardtop

...they don't make them in white!

yrs WDK

Reply to
W. Kiernan

Is this just because you don't want anybody to buy one of any color, since you cannot get one in your preferred color? Grow up! Besides, white is too blah anyway! Beyond that, for whatever reasons, the mfrs have had a peeling problem with white paint in general.

Reply to
Chuck

"Chuck" wrote

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck.....

It's because white MX-5s has been proven to be the quickest. If Mazda is not going to support their premium MX-5 color, why should any of us support their RHT offering?

Reply to
Ken Lyons

So quick the paint peels off ? One of our local club members has a white NA that looks like a commercial for the spotted cow company. Each time more paint peels off, he adds a vinyl black spot over the peled paint.

Reply to
Chuck

Excessive speed can be a problem, but so can paint. I believe both the early reds and whites had a paint problem before Mazda fixed it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Red faded, White peeled and blue was just plain ugly ;-) Still, the car was good enough to survive / thrive, eh? This PRHT sure is stirring up the conversation! I hope that it sells like crazy for Mazda's sake, they've been in the enthusiasts camp for a long time!

If it ain't white, just push the pedal a bit harder :-()

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo