Fading paint on one panel, revisited

Hi all,

For anyone interested/following the thread on my one faded panel, I've just finished the three-stage Meguiars treatment (Deep Crystal Car Cleaner/Polish/Wax) and it's pretty much done the trick. The faded panel now looks much more like the others though not 100%. To the casual eye, though, it's likely to be unnoticeable, unlike before when the panel was decidely pink compared to the others which were red. Apart from that, though, the car as a whole looks completely different - it's like it's just come off the assembly line! All the little swirls etc are gone and it's gleaming. The whole thing took about 2 1/2 hours (washing it first, then cleaning it with the paint cleaner, then polishing it, then waxing it) but was well worth the effort.

Now all I need to do is fix the aerial....

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Glad you had success, Eric. The color will probably match even better after the next wax job.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

power antenae problems are typ and documented on miata.net.

2.5 hrs! not bad, I'd have thought double that.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I was racing against the sun - did it after work and had to get it done before it got dark :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber