air filters

I am looking for an air filter for a 94 Miata that is made with a soft rubber or foam body. This used to be the norm. All of the ones I can find, including Mazda's replacement, have a hard plastic case with a piece of rubber similar to weatherstrip, for the sealing surface. I just feel this is a cheap and marginal way to seal the filter to the housing. What is everyone else using? Thanks Bill

Reply to
BJsMX5

I still use the factory filters without any problems.

Gary

Reply to
JDMX5er

Are you saying it is not sealing out false air?

It seems to me a hard plastic frame should be more secure against the frame being bent creating a poor seal?

K&N RU 911 :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen