Good Price

I can purchase brand new 2004 Miata 5 with convenience package and appearance package for 16,900 from Mazda dealer. What say???

Reply to
Pat Neeley

Find out if the car is a program car. I asked here about something very similar (are you in Salinas CA?). There is an '04 with 320 miles on it, with an asking of $16,777. They state program car, and carfax confirmed it was bought at an auction. Perhaps it's OK, maybe though it fell off the truck or was damaged at a dealership. It's been there for many weeks, I'd think if it was so good it would have been snatched up. Their price is under the wholesale trade-in as reported by KBB.

A program car apparently can be many things. A demo, an "executive", one used by the manufacturer in ads, car shows, what have you....or perhaps something isn't right with it. Check it out, if you buy it I'd love to hear more, I'm rather leary of the 320 mile one in Salinas for me to take a look...

My few cents....

Reply to
Rivergoat

Reply to
Pat Neeley

Probably the best time to buy a Miata ever, considering my new 92 was $15,000 thirteen years ago! The changes and everything more than justify that price. I was offered a Mazdaspeed for 19,140 plus tax and tags (2004) model but didn't pick it up. With the rebates and direct to dealer incentives, they are great deals right now.

Tom

92 Red

Pat Neeley wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

Well I bought the 04 Miata. What a dream to drive!!!! The weather has been very good with no measureable snow. Wish I discovered this car yrs ago. Its white with Black top. It was the best deal I ever got in a brand new car. See you all later and thanks for the responses from you all

Frank

Reply to
Pat Neeley