Hard Top OFF!

Took the hard top off early this week. Drove top-down three times. Then the BIG rains hit. Hopefully next week will be better.

Reply to
Tim M.

I am presently enjoying the 2 weeks or so of Spring that I see each year, and the Miata is still down...........

So, it could be worse! :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

What's got the beast down?! Get er going dude!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Still need tires, and the top needs to be removed at least. Not sure if I am putting the new top on or not.

If I keep this thing it will only be driven on nice days. The boring old Accord is available for cold and/or rainy days.

Tires for the 16X7's are not cheap at all and I haven't had any extra money for a long time. That could/should change very soon.

Working on it..........................This Honda is borrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Don't forget there are some very good cheap tires out there. Have you made a selection yet?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Which ones are you talking about? No selection yet.

The ones I am looking at, some top of the line Michelin, the name is not coming to mind, are about $150.00 each.

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws

Sorry to Tim if we've hijacked his thread (will anyone notice?) What size 'shoes' does your turbo wear, depending which wheels you hang onto, I guess?

cd

99BBB (205/45/r16)
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I am good at hijacking threads......

The wheels are 16X7's, I am keeping the SSR's if I keep the car. I can either go with the size you have or go with 215's.

The current tires are 215/40/1, and I was thinking about taking the profile to 45 with either 205's or 215's..

Pat

Reply to
pws

Tire Rack sells the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec in 205/50-16 for $105. That's a bit large, but by all accounts this tire kicks the Azenis' butt in every respect. Treadwear rating is 200. If I lived in your climate, I'd put these on my Miata in a second.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I too have heard great things about these Dunlops also. I don't remember them being available in my size when I bought the Yokos. Maybe it was simply the 45 VS the 50 series, not sure but I agree that with a limited use car (Pat has the Honda now) the 200 treadwear rating is not a bad deal.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I will check those out. I guess a 50 profile would not be too bad, especially in a 205 width.

A little extra rubber to protect those pricey forged wheels could be a very good thing, and I'm sure that it would still handle very nicely.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Still trying to decide if I am keeping both cars. I don't drive two cars enough to really justify the double insurance, but I may do it anyway.

The Accord just hit 80,000 miles yesterday. I also found out that it is an "assembled in Japan" model, and the entire A/C system was replaced in the summer of 2008.

It should keep going nicely for a long time to come barring any disasters. I even like the fact that it has an automatic transmission for the crazy stop and go driving, but I will stay with a 5-speed or 6-speed in any Miata I own as long as I remain capable of using a stick shift.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The Accord I have that just turned over 80K miles is a 1995 LX model. I talked to a guy who owns a 1994 Accord LX with 290,000 miles on the original engine and transmission.

I am not likely to put that many miles on it, but making it to 150,000 should be a piece of cake.

Reply to
pws

Agreed!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Interesting! I am filing that away as I type.

Reply to
Carbon

I am hoping to have a personal review of them in 205/50/16 soon. I will at least post my initial impressions and try my hardest to avoid the "new tire syndrome" that makes a new set of tires seem even better than they are. :-)

It looks like those tires will rock!

Pat

Reply to
pws