Installing AC in a '04 ?

Mazda dealers have no offering for installing AC in a 2004, welll at least here in Canada. That is my only regret, as the car in incredibly hot in the summertime.

Has anyone got new info ? is it possible ?

Thanks.

DS

Reply to
MiataRed

Anything is possible at a cost, probably several thousand dollars in this case. I'm assuming you have no interest in doing the job yourself with junkyard parts. Almost certainly, you'd be ahead to sell the car and buy another one with A/C.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

As a matter of fact - I would consider some elbow grease.

I have inquired - and no one junkyard I have contacted seems to have MX-5/Miatas with air...

Ideas ?

Thanks.

Reply to
MiataRed

Taking the dash apart is the most complex and labor intensive part of the conversion.

I remember when I bought my 03 in the UK that A/C was not a factory option, but was offered as a dealer fit option at around £1,000. I don't know if this helps but at least it gives an idea of the scale of the job, and suggests that a lot of what you need is already there and you just need the "big" hardware bits.

John

Reply to
Chuck