AC problem 04 Tundra

Sorry I was not more specific: 2004 Tundra.......In this hot, sticky Louisiana weather the AC stops cooling if the outside temp is above 90 degrees. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks... John

Reply to
John R. Pickett

I have a 2004 Tacoma, not a Tundra, and it's the only complaint I have with the Tacoma. I don't think the AC works well at all when it's in the

90's to 100. I'm in CA, where we just had a siege of humidity, which we usually don't have, but even without the humidity I don't think the AC works well.

Cheri

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Mine works fine all the way to 102. We have had numerous days of 90 to 100 degree temperatures and it cools very well. Is it possible your radiator front is clogged with the dreaded love bugs?

Reply to
Tom in Macon

I have a 2000 Tundra and I live in Rochester, NY. We have had several days near 100 and extremely high humidity and I never need to run the AC on the highest fan setting as it has more than enough cooling power. Do you recirculate the inside air or have it pull in outside air? Pulling in ourside air requires the AC to remove more humidity which limits its ability to drop the temperature of the air.

Reply to
Dan

It sounds like lack of cooling. As already said, is the airflow through the radiator good? Has someone "improved" the situation by adding more refrigerant? This partly fills the cooling space in the condenser with liquid refrigerant and reduces the cooling capacity. If so, the excess refrigerant must be removed.

Also be sure your heater hot water control valve is indeed shutting off fully. Remove the control cable and feel if the valve is tight against the stop and if the hose out of the valve is hot.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I am in south Mississippi, and have no problems with the A/C in my 2005 Tundra that has over 36,000 miles on it.

I gotta wonder how many other contractors are using their Tundra for a service truck.

Reply to
Noon-Air