KJ-ZEM- Miller-Cycle engine

How can I find out if this is a non-clearance motor. If the timing belt breaks, does the top end jam up or is there room enoughfor the valves. thanks

thanks

rq

Reply to
qq

Hey Chris, according to the time stamp on this message, you're posting from January 6, 2007.

Could you let me know the winning lottery numbers for this upcoming weekend? Gotta buy my Belle some new toys for Christmas.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I thought that Chris was a pretty sharp driver. Now I understand, he has simply gained control of the space-time continuum.

What else would explain his ability to arrive at destinations in his black miata before the white ones show up?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Excellent idea Iva, here I am in the future and never even thought of that ;-) Thanks for pointing out my date issue, I'm not exactly sure how I managed that. I've been married so long I'm not very good at "dating".

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Ha! You know, they say it may be true that the faster you go, the more time slows down (or some such craziness).

Pat, I have real tires now, how bout you? Have you been strafing Lime Creek Rd?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Sort of. I put the OEM 15" alloys back on a few days ago while I order a set for the SSR's. The crapola tires I had were not going to pass inspection this month and I slacked on getting a set last month. Oh well.

The 15" wheels are considerably heavier than the 16" SSR's, especially if you consider the tires since the tires on the SSR's have shed several pounds of rubber and the OEM wheels have fairly new Yoko ES-100's on them.

Anyway, grip is increased, which I expected, even with 195's instead of

215's, and the car does feel somewhat more nimble, though I imagine that it has more ultimate grip with the same tires in 215/40/16.

I'll probably have the SSR's back on before too long, but I have to admit, the car just looks better to me with 15 inch wheels than 16 inchers. I am also considering putting it up for sale and letting the next owner decide what tires to put on the SSR Competitions.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I'd try googling using something like "interference engine chart" or 'non-interference engine chart'

I'm sure that it's out there.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to