Little red light

I was just wondering if any of you have a little red light on the top of the steering column just in front of the gauges and if so, what's it for? I'm new to the group and I haven't seen that many Miatas up close and personal but I don't think I've seen any others with this light. Maybe an alarm beacon? A brake failure warning light? Or is it just an addition made by the previous owner?

Just wondering...

Todd

Reply to
opeltodd

Probably an alarm led, is it on only when the doors are locked?

Reply to
Peter A Kaufman

This is probably for an aftermarket alarm system. Neither my 95 or my

05 or any other Miata I have seen have a light there -
Reply to
mickey53usa

Well, you've got me stumpped. I was never told about an alarm and I haven't seen anything that even looks like a security system.

Reply to
opeltodd

Some people install a blinky light in an attempt to fool thieves into thinking there's an alarm. When the battery dies, so does the light.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers