Locked wheels

A friend's 91 Miata is in my backyard, and it won't start. We want to tow it to a mechanic, but the wheels seemed to be locked. We turn the key, engage the clutch, but the car won't roll. Any suggestions? (The alarm went off once--could that possibly have locked up the wheels?)

Reply to
jvonschilling

Put it in neutral? Release the parking brake?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Is it possible your brake pads have rusted to the rotors? That happens sometimes depending on the pad material. I don't believe that it is that uncommon and usually is broken free when you drive the car. If you give the car a good push/pull it might suddenly let loose, so be careful.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers