Miata- A girl's car?

archive access

-or-

buying

Hey, I want my average income of $93,000! Someone's been stealing from me! ;-D

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Me toooooo ;-D ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

:::::tossing money to Iva:::::::: ::::::tossing money to Cissy:::::: Here ya go girls....Want some more? (Don'tcha just love what you can do on the internet) Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

Not to mention the ultimate "girl's car" - the VW Cabrio.

Reply to
Dave Danielson

Sheesh, you too? Some Miata owners must be bloody millionaires, skewing the average all to hell.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

::reaching past Iva (oops, sorry) and grabbing her's too ;-)

LOL Jim! Thanks! yah, the internet IS the best :) ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

Hey!!! Gimme that!!! You just swiped poor Belle's new exhaust system money!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata seriously jonesin' for a new exhaust but can't really justify it to the "other half" 'cause the old one's still in good shape

Reply to
Iva

"Iva" wrote

See...if'n you'da bought a '97 the exhaust tailpipe would have fallen off just beyond warranty and you could have a nice Borla.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I am a 50 year old male Miata owner. Last night, while at a social gathering, the topic of cars came up. I mentioned that I was an owner of a new Miata. This women who I had just met, burst out with "that's a girls car"! I was a bit taken aback by that comment having never thought about it one way or the other. The best comeback I could muster was "Well maybe with the automatic transmission". Her comment ate at me all night, hence this post. What are the demographics of Miata ownership? Does anyone have anything to share on this topic?

Reply to
Mark Stilley

it

fallen off

Well, when I bought Belle the '97 model wasn't out yet!

Besides, she just looked so cute sitting on the dealer's lot........

I saw a Borla on e-bay the other day for a really reasonable price but, since the old one's still in good shape and we're using our discretionary spending money on renovations to the house at the moment, I did not bid or buy.

Now if I could only hit a bump or pothole at *just* the right angle, I'd have an excuse.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

ROFL Iva!! ;-D ~Cissy My '90 Mazda Miata I love PC adventure games

Reply to
Expmiata

"Iva" wrote

That may happen very soon. When I replaced the rattling catalytic converter on our '90 I discovered a hole in the pipe at the bracket near the resonator. We went for OEM as Margie does not appreciate the Borla sound. After close to 15 years, yours may be on its last legs as well. Perhaps preventive measures are called for.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Time to check for rust in the exhaust with a screw driver.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Reply to
Dick Smyth

You old dog!

Reply to
Chas Hurst

I'm pretty sure I remember a white Miata with gold badges? But then again, I might be wrong.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen

Obviously?

Well. I guess that explains why the Rollerskate got stolen. It was being driven by a member of the wrong 53% of the population :D

LOL

Gimme another one; I'm not finished with that "girlie" car.

Reply to
Nora

I am 73 year old male and still love my Miata...

Reply to
Don Kemp

"Leon van Dommelen" wrote

If Iva REALLY wants a new exhaust system, she should check with a screwdriver and a hammer.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I would think Iva's exhaust will be soft enough not to stand up to a screwdriver. She lives in a snow area.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen