miata power window motor weight

Since we were discussing the weight of the power window motors, I decided to go ahead and weigh one since I am gutting a few doors to auction the parts. It comes out to a little under two pounds for the motor alone.

So, the power windows are adding about 3.5 pounds total to the weight of a miata if you add the extra wiring/switches and then subtract the weight of the crank mechanism and handle. This is on a 1990 model, which should be the same through 1997. I guess I can live with that.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

The day after swilling a six-pack of beer and several plates of nachos would probably have the same weight effect...

Reply to
Fabiano

That would seem to be the case, but my metabolism burns food faster than my miata burns gas.

20 years of anti-dieting and I can't put on a pound. I would love to put on about 20 pounds, but I have learned not to say that in public after getting chased by an angry Jenny Craig crowd. Luckily for me, they were very easy to outrun..... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws