millenia 2.5 wont start

I know this may be the wrong place to post this but it is the closest I can find in the newsgroups.

My Millenia 2.5l just wont start. I have replaced the cranckshaft sensor, sparkplugs, there is fuel and air going in but it just wont start, BTW the is a spark from the spark plugs. Only thing I can think of at this time is that the timing belt has slipped even though it "looks" ok.

Any ideas can also be sent to snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com

Reply to
Timothy

If it cranks and has spark, you can check the ignition timing with a timing light while you crank it. This will tell you if your ignition and/or cam timing is off. If the ignition timing is way off, but there's no good reason why it should be, then that supports your slipped belt theory.

BTW, how do you know it's getting fuel?

Out of curiosity, is this the Miller Cycle engine?

John ('94 Miata) jsgmcclary at cox dot net

Reply to
John McClary

AS far as I know it is not a miller cycle engine(Generally the Miller Cycle engines are 4 cylinders), I know it is getting fuel because the spark plugs when you take them out there is gas on them.

Anyone know how to get the check engine codes without the hand held testers?

Reply to
Rick

Actually the Millenia Miller Cycle engine is a V6, but I guess it's the 2.3 liter.

John McClary jsgmcclary at cox dot net

Reply to
John McClary