NA Headlamp Replacements

Has anyone replaced their headlamps with the OSRAM Silverstar high performance halogens?

Reply to
jeff.remson

I wouldn't want to replace my headlamps. As an owner of both NA and NB series, I am impressed with the performance and reliability of the Original Equipment lighting. I have never had a failure on either car, and the lighting is more than adequate for my driving.

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

The Miata is very sensitive to lamps that draw more current or run hotter than the stock lamps. Either can cause damage that is expensive to repair.

Reply to
chuckk

I have Silverstars in my NB. They are 55W as the original equipment and are DOT approved. Yes, the light is stronger and much whiter, without that cheap stupid "blue" look. First set went after 8 months (within 2 days) and I do not have day running lights. At $20 a piece, this make ca $60 a year. Not cheap.

Regards, Kempi

'01 silver

Reply to
Kempi