MX-6 questions

Hi people

Firstly, I know this is a miata group, in the UK it's an MX-5. But there are no other Mazda groups to ask in.

I'm looking to pick up an MX-6, there are reasonably priced these days and you get a whole lot of car for the money. I've been mainly looking at a

1994, in immaculate condition, the paintwork is almost new, apart from a few minor stonechips, the interior is immaculate and it's got a full Mazda dealer service history. It's got 93000 miles on the clock, and seems like a really nice car. The 2.5lt V6 sounds great and it runs smooth. I was unable to find a single spot of rust on it, the owner has had it for 10yrs and kept it in a garage and it was always hand washed and polished.

I'm going back for another look and wondered if there are any points I should pay attention to. Any particular places to check for the beginnings of rust, wear and tear. I checked and the timing belt was done at the 60000 major service.

Would appreciate any pointers on what to check. Cheers H

Reply to
Heckler ²°°³

I like them pretty well, for some reason they don't have a great reputation for reliability / durability. This works to your advantage (if you can get a good example) on the pricing end.

Good luck but keep in mind the devaluation goes on unabaited while you own the car. I've gone that route several times, problem has been that the car is all too soon, worth somewhere between little and nothing. Bottom line is you've got to look at the average net cost to you over the time you own the car.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo