Toyo's TS-1

Tiresonline.com has the Toyos TS-1 on sale for $59 US. I needed new tires and got a set. $45 US for delivery to the East coast. What a deal.

Dave 2000SE

Reply to
Dave

Don't you just love that new tire feeling. Take them out and give them and good run and tell us how they performed.

Reply to
D. Rogers

The actual URL is:

The $59 price is a special for the 195/50/15 size only.

195/55/14 is $74. Still a great price.
Reply to
Frank Berger

Reply to
chuckk

Arrgh!

Okay, I can't take it anymore.

It's a T1-S, not a TS-1.

Okay, I feel better now.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

That's a heck of a good price for those. I tried to get my local tire store to price match, but they said they can't do it.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want these or not. Are these really all that good in the wet?

Reply to
HardwareLust

They are very good wet, though in my opinion the Yoko ES 100 is just a bit better. That said, I just took the BBS wheels with worn Yoko's off today and replaced them with a cheap wheels- and-T1-S package that I picked up at R-Speed during open house. Added only two pounds at each corner and that was while the Yokos were worn.

Or to be precise, as usual, the tires had lost all profile on the inside edge of the front tires. The rear tires still have plenty of profile left all over. I really need to get a new alignment, but I guess it will have to be after AutoX tomorrow. At least I will have some thread-grade rubber on the road, and I actually like the looks of the wheels too.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

They are amazing in the wet. I've got them on both my Miata and S2000 and they just stick. I had the AVS ES100s previously and they were decent but I find the Toyos to be just a bit better.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

I have had the same experience as Leon, with the AVS ES100's seeming to perform slightly better in the wet and not quite as well in the dry as the Toyo's. The difference seems minimal both ways, and I never did any direct comparison tests at any time, so it may have just been how the tires felt to me at the time. In any case, I think that they are both a great summer/performance tire. Next time, I will probably base my buying decision between these two tires types based on price more than anything else.

Pat

Reply to
pws

In another month or so, the new Toyo T1-R will be available in the USA. The UK price for the T1-R is the same as the T1-S; dunno if they'll be discounted here soon. See the Toyo-UK site for details.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I just ordered some, too. Hope to see them this week. $59.00 is a great price.

Brian Turner

Reply to
Brian Turner

What is the word on the Toyo T1-R's?

The latest car I bought has a new set of Sumitomo something or other on it that handle well, but I would like to replace them with the Toyos or Yoko AVS ES100's. These tires are 215/40/16, so I probably won't be finding any super deals like I used to with the 195/50/15's.

BTW, I have a set of very good condition 2000 stock alloys that have a set of 195/50/15 Yokohama AVS ES100's with less than 1500 miles on them that will be up for auction on Ebay sometime early next week. The wheels have no curb rash and are nicely balanced with no 65mph shimmy. I will post a link for anyone interested once I have the ad finished. They are located in Austin, TX.

pat

Reply to
pws

And of course I forgot that they are directional. Put *every one* of the four tires on the wrong side of the car. :( Only a one in six chance of that happening, but Murphy rules.

Even though I improves my chances of getting the tires right by putting the jack first below the driver side door instead of the front cross member. :(

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Observe this order strictly:

  1. Look at rotation arrows on sidewalls.
  2. Mount tires.
  3. Open Duvel.

You'd think they teach this in rocket scientist school...

When my next-door neighbor moved into his new house, he discovered that, out of four toilets, two flushed with hot water. When the plumber came back to fix it, he shrugged and said, "Well, I had a 50-50 chance of getting it right." Ah, union labor.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Reply to
chuckk

I was there in the morning. Had to leave fairly soon to be back in Tallahassee at a reasonable time.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

They're still on sale. I just ordered me a set for summer, after thinking about it for 2 weeks. I have such a hard time making up my mind over which tire, but at this price, I guess it's a no brainer. My GF paid an equal amount for the 4 Falken Ziek's we put on her Eclipse, and I'm not terribly impressed with them. They're loud. And, I guess they can't be any worse than the worn out OEM's I have on there now. :-)

Well Leon and Craig, I hope you guys are right about the T1-S's in the wet. We'll see. Knowing my luck, this mild winter could turn into a wild spring. Part of the charm of living in the Pacific Northwest, I guess.

Regards to all, H.

Reply to
HardwareLust