Oil Pressure

The oil pressure of my '90 Miata (96kmiles) at idle is 15. The highest pressure I see is around 30. Does this seem low to you?

Chip L

Reply to
Chip L

Is that when the engine is warm or cold? If warm, that's on the low end of normal. If cold, that's a problem. My '90 used to run near 90 when cold and under acceleration, but near 20 or just above when warm at an idle.

When did you last change or check your oil?

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

When cold, it runs about 30psi at idle and 45 at rev.

Reply to
Chip L

First, clean the electrical connections at the oil pressure sender.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

They are easy to get at, right next to the oil filter.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon, I hope that hole in your cheek heals quickly (you know, the one poked by your tongue).

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

No.

Mazda spec is 15-30psi (or 1-2 bar, if you have the Jap gauge) at

1000rpm, warm engine.
Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

If that doesn't work, I'd change the sender unit or temporarily hook up a good mech. gauge.

Reply to
mcola