(OT) MPV motor interchangeability question

I'm hoping somebody can point me to a good technical reference ...

I have an MPV with (at a minimum) blown head gasket(s). It is a '93 with the

3.0L V6.

I've discovered the engine designation is JE, and the same designation is used on the '96 ~ '98 motors. My motor is OBD I, the later motors are OBD II.

I need to be sure the transmission/bellhousing bolts are in the same place, and that my distributor can be installed into the newer motor.

I can get the older motor, but have to pay shipping. The newer motor is an hour away. I'm motivated to save $250 in shipping costs by picking up the motor locally. What I can't get my arms around is, if the costs to screw around with an OBD II motor to turn it into an OBD I motor exceeds $250, then local acquisition is not as attractive as it looks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland