Python versus Honda i-Vtech

Here's one I haven't seen before. I hope I never have to deal with this problem with my miata.

Pat

Reply to
pws

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 03:54:26 GMT, pws wrote in news:SHY1g.13627$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

You should also hope it doesn't lurk long enough in the woods to grow to full size. We bumped into some friends while working in Ethiopia who had just had to wait for a bus to be cleared from the road after hitting one.

Reply to
Red

Here are a couple of pictures of a much larger one that they found on a ranch in Oklahoma. It had been eating sheep. The fence cables that it is biting on are 10 inches apart. At least this one wouldn't fit in any modern car engine bay. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

That's funny because I have an African Spurred tortoise that will probably outlive me that can reach as much as 70 pounds. The males can reach nearly 100 pounds. She is only 4 pounds now, but they grow quickly. One that weighs even 20 or 30 pounds could be a real road hazard, she is basically a moving rock!

BTW, what were you doing in Ethiopia? Just curious.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Running over a Wombat can be nasty as well, not all that big, but awfull solid. Kangaroos jump more & are even more stupid & unpredictable than deer. Don't believe "Skippy".

Reply to
Mal Osborne

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 05:11:08 GMT, pws wrote in news:MPZ1g.15471$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

I was visiting friends who were working there, and we were doing a road trip. Prior to our road trip, I was up visiting Axum, home to the lost ark. Not very Miata friendly is Ethiopia. You'd have to raise the suspension about 6" to avoid getting hung up on the main highways which are gravel. :)

Reply to
Red