[Q] 2.0L engine in 2002 Protege (323)

  1. How much work it is time wise to replace the water pump in 2002 Protege (2.0 liter) when the timing belt is being replaced?

  1. Is it an interference engine? Not sure if I want to pay another 0 for the belt/water pump change at 120k.

Reply to
Body Roll

I don't have experience with this particular engine. If it is like other Mazda engines I have worked with, the water pump runs off the timing belt and it's not that much more effort to replace, once the timing belt is off.

Accord> 1. How much work it is time wise to replace the water pump in 2002 > Protege (2.0 liter)

Reply to
KWS