Q's on tinting plastic window and glueing a new one...

hi,

have a 97 tan mazta and the window turned brown in a matter of one day about a month ago or so...anyhow, I've been reading alot of articles on miata.net and this newsgroup and most of the window change articles seemed to lack enough detail for me to feel comfortable enough to attempt a self-replace.

one article that convinced me to try it was the one on cutting the plastic out and glueing a new one where the old one was.

question: for those who've attempted this, what kind of glue would work. what's the best plastic to use and how would one 'clean' the old glue from the frame.

I figure if it doesn't work, atleast any damage I do would be on the window frame itself and that's the part which gets raplaced when you buy a new window anyways.

lastly, has anyone tried to 'tint' the plastic window? would it work, and if so does it help any in reducing the 'brown' effect?

thanks, thomas

Reply to
thomas

Mike®