Radio installation problem

I am trying to put a new Koss MS2015 radio/cd player in my 1992 Miata. I have connected the power leads to a 12 volt pair on the car but the radio does not power on. The ground is negative. The wires from the car are hot (checked with a meter) and the connections are firm. I have pushed the reset button, all to no avail. So far as I know the radio is not defective. I brought the first one back thinking that maybe it was. The only thing I can think of is the lack of a ground wire to the frame of the car. But doesn't the black wire provide a proper ground? I have not at this point attached the speakers or the antenna. But the unit still should power up without them, no? Appreciate your advice

Reply to
Dick Smyth

Christopher Muto

Probably a bit obvious but have you connected both 12v wires from the radio i.e. the perm 12v and the switched 12v.

Reply to
J Brockley