Rollercoaster Road - Missouri

I posted this at miata.net but thought you guys might be interested too. Somebody on here asked if there were any drives that weren't all twisty roads. Here's one with ups and downs instead :-)

"I found a neat little road that goes up and down instead of side to side. The g-forces and negative g's were incredible. It's kind of hard to get to but worth it. The scenery during the drive is mostly trees. Before and after the road there are neat things to see and do. Here's the route I took:

I took Missouri State Highway E from East to West. It intersects with Highway 51 between Arab and Zalma. I followed it all the way to Highway 67 near Greenville. State Highway E runs about 20-25 miles of mostly up and down roads with a few twists.

If you want to visit some neat stuff after your stomach settles down you can jump over on Hwy 60 and go to the Ozark National Scenic Riverway. If you are looking for some twisty roads then head over to Lake Clearwater and have fun on Missouri State Highway H.

There are limited hotels in the area, so make reservations if you are planning an overnight visit. Lake Wappapello near Poplar Bluff is a nice lake too and there is the Mingo National Wildlife Refuge near Puxico that has a 20-mile auto tour of the refuge if you like wildlife."

Have fun!

Reply to
D. Rogers

glenf