RPM "dancing"

While driving my 93 miata and stopping at traffic, the rpm will dance between 750 rpm and 1000 rpm. I do not think this is normal. Anything I should check first before I consulted the mechanis (which means $$$) Thanks

Reply to
Eng Soon

Do you have your A/C turned on? This will cause some "dancing" of the RPM.

HTH! Slider

"Eng Soon" schreef in bericht news:bmdblk$295$ snipped-for-privacy@news.Stanford.EDU...

Reply to
Slider

Reply to
Eng Soon

From the Haynes:

Check spark plug gap. How old are your park plug wires? How dirty is your air filter? When did you last run a bottle of injector cleaner through?

More complex:

Vacuum leaks, head gasket, egr valve, pcv valve plugged, timing belt, camshaft lobes, problems with valves, ignition system, throttle position sensor.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen