STRUT DUST BOOTS

Guys, It seems like everyone wants a fortune for these dust boots for miata shocks. This vendor charges less than $9 a piece (at least for 1999 ver). Most of the time I see these for $15 to $25 a piece which seems highway robbery for something so simple.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Naw ! That's cheep......

Paying $250-$500 for a pair of metal eyeglass frames that have a LOT less work and material in them than a $6 wheel bearing, now THAT'S highway robbery.

Tim

Reply to
Healeyman

i have a 95 and don't know the details of the 99, but it seems that the boot is only part of the answer. the 95 boot has an integrated bumpstop at the top. the 99 boot is just a boot and the bumpstop is a separate item. look at the offering from

and you will see they also sell the boot for about $10 and they additionally sell a bumpstop for $25. give them a call and see what they suggest. ps. i got a full set of kyb gr-2 shocks on ebay for under $200. that was about a third less than anyplace else and yet they were brand new and first quality...

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Hi Chris,

Why is 90-93 so much more expensive?

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

I see what you're saying Chris, you're correct. When I was shopping for them was when I had my 92.

Thanks, Chris

99bbb
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

these guys know their stuff... read what they say in this item listing...

check out this configuration that should work for you...
also, you may want to check out the responses from the good people in this group to my may 8th thread titled "shock mounts". it's about boots and bumpstops... there are links to all kinds of information about them...

Reply to
Christopher Muto