?? Tire Size Opinions For 90 MX-5 S/C??

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on tires sizes that will possibly work on my 1990 Supercharged Miata.

  1. What would the largest size that would actually get hot enough to grip the road be?
  2. If I went for looks, what size would allow me to still turn the wheels without rubbing?

Actually, thinking this over, what would the best size be for the maximum traction be? Having a miata just for looks seems to be kind of silly.

Any opinions?

Thanks, Blank.

Reply to
Blank

If you really want to know look on miata.net for Goodwin racing and ask Brian or on flyin Miata and ask them. I use 195-50 15's for my 1990 NA. What ever you do, get light wheels. Goodwin has Enkie's that are roll forged. Strong and light. If he had them when I was looking I would have a set. Nothing over 12 lbs or the car will suffer.

10lbs is better but expencive. Do you have a 1994+ rear end? If not, you will soon enough. Robert 90A
Reply to
Slowpoke

Thanks Robert, I'll take a look on Miata.net. I already did the Toresen swap, so one less headache. Now I'm looking for more meat on the ground.

Blank 90 S/C

Reply to
Blank

180/60 R14 and similar.

A few light minutes, I would think. Depends on which part of the galaxy they are pointing at. You do not want to get them so close to the sun they melt.

With wheel spacers, the few light-minute tires will do fine. You do need additional oxygen supply, and there will be additional wear and tear on the suspension.

195 wide? 15" rims? It does not seem very easy to be precise, with ambient conditions, tire compound, type and length of useage, road condition, tire pressure, ... all having nontrivial effects.

Why? It is definitely the best looking of that bunch out there. The Miata was designed in the era that sports car designers still had to be sober.

Me?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thank you for the help. It's much appreciated. I'll tell you tires that don't work well. 185/60-14 BF GoodRich Touring T/A's . They are the worst tires I've ever driven on.

Blank

Reply to
Blank