Took the Plunge!

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the Corvette, picking it up Friday in Atlantic City, NJ (closest I could find one). Magnetic Red (but of course!) with cashmere leather interior. Was offered $4K for my 92 from a private buyer and took it since if I get back into the Miata world, it will be in a 95 M edition (had one with a blower and should never have sold it). Since this is the only newsgroup where I've ever found decorum and civility, can I stay an honorary member or must I resign?

Thanks for everyone's input on the process, it helped to "justify" the purchase in my mind.

Tom

92 Red (soon gone, never forgotten) 05 Corvette, Magnetic Red
Reply to
Tom Howlin

Congrats on the new ride Tom. I guess you can stick around here until you come to your senses. I'll look for you on I-95 Friday night.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I think I'll take the cowards way out and jump off in Baltimore out to the west and then take 29 down from Warrenton. 60 miles further but in a new car, who cares and that way I won't be sitting on 95! In case you, or any other members are interested, the buyer didn't want the stock spoked wheels, the BBS were enough for her, so I've got a set that have been off the car for the last ten years - $150.00.

Tom G> Congrats on the new ride Tom. I guess you can stick around here until you

Reply to
Tom Howlin

" Gone to the dark side" Tom said. "Take me to your leader!" I reply! I hope you have many many miles with a big dumb grin my man! Just watch for "Johnny Law!" Don't let the man take ya down!

Reply to
USAROVER

WAY to go Tom !!!!!!!!!

Bruce RED '91 ( I ordered a new '62 Red on red with two tops, back in '61. Had it for

11 years. Should never have sold it !! Have FUN, they are a fun car ! )
Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

I vote "stay on", of course.

Congrats, Tom!!

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Were you an honorary member?

Anyway, Congrats, Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Oh well. You'll be back, I bet.

Reply to
DH

"Tom Howlin" wrote

Oh man, that's tempting. I bet a ride in a C6 could be part of the package. But I got a garage full of stuff, including a set of steel wheels and 2 kids' furniture arriving here in June when they graduate. I'll have to pass. I'll regret it later, I know.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Congrats! You're going to have a blast!

Keep us posted and be safe!

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Reply to
chuckk

I doubt he's going to feel the need to soop the vette up as it will feel like unlimited HP right now from his perspective. It takes awhile for your brain to start trying to convince you it's NOT ENOUGH!

Chris

92bb&t
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

A few hundred extra HP never hurt a vette, just the owners pocketbook! Besides, think of the suprise that you can give a stock G6 owner!

Reply to
chuckk

that would be money better spent on a ZO6! Of couse that requires some patience too.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

ARRGH!!!

I suppose the next thing you are going to tell me is you sold your jet-ski's and bought a CABIN CRUISER ! ! !

Don't cha know Corvettes are for old men !!

Okay, I'll admit it... I've owned a couple myself, and am really *jealous* of anyone with a C6 ! ! !

I'll have to live with my 97 M (and MUCH lower insurance bills ) till I get rich (and old ) like you :)

Congrats ! ! ! !

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

When the time comes:

Have fun!

Reply to
The Millers

When the time comes:

Have fun!

Reply to
The Millers

Chiefy,

See, the insurance is part of the problem, it's only $240.00 per year than the Miata. If it had been $2000, I would never have bought it. And, I am an old man, just trying not to act like one. And no, I will never sell the jet skis for a boat. I've had too many boats in the past and every bad thing people say is true. Besides, I'm hoping Kawasaki puts out their 300HP jetski!!!

Tom

05 Vette, red, but of course H> ARRGH!!!
Reply to
Tom Howlin