Torque wrench - which one to buy?

I'm looking for a good 1/2" torque wrench and so far I have only some really cheap rubbish ones and some really expensive ones (like a Bahco costing like 300+ US!).

I wonder if it will even make sense for me to buy it on-line and have it shipped to Denmark - being that good tool shops seem not really to have gone on-line over here.

My first main use would simply to control the force when I check my summer rims (the actual mounting is done with an air wrench and some sort of torque limiter so it's not really for when I swap winter wheels to the summer ones).

Any suggestions?

Kind regards Bruno - The one with the most tools when he dies wins:-)

Reply to
Bruno

For wheel nuts a fairly cheap one will do, as long as it's capable of

100Nm or more. I would never put an air wrench near wheel nuts though, not unless you're careful to use a lower torque setting at first (say 50Nm) *then* step up to the recommended torque. Torquing them from loose to 100Nm one by one is the way to warp brake discs. But you probably know that ;-)
Reply to
Zog The Undeniable