Headlight lamp

I am so stupid I cannot get the lamp out of the socket on my 1998 Miata. It does not seem to twist out and there appears to be no retaining ring. There are clips but you cannot get to the one on the fender side. I have had some bad experience breaking these clips off in the past. Can someone give an old guy any suggestions

Reply to
Coyote

If you're State side and get the bulb at AutoZone, those PPL are usually so helpful, one will come out and either do it for you or advise you how.

Good Luck!!!

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Once you do it it will seem simple, but not until!

Wow that's an ugly URL. I'll cut and paste what I wrote before:

Make sure you don't actually touch the glass part of the new bulb with your fingers, as allegedly the tiny amount of skin oil on your fingertips is enough to screw up the super-hot bulb in operation.

Yours jp

Reply to
johnny p.

Must be halogen then, right??? Yup, cause halogen can not be touched by us toxic humanoids :-).

Reply to
Jazz_Azz