Towing

Hello friends at rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,

Does anyone know if a Miata can be towed with the rear wheels on the street without damaging the transmission?

Thanks, Craig

Reply to
Craig

Yes, it can. There's a speed and distance limit for automatic transmissions, but not manuals. See the owner's manual or shop manual for details.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Hi Craig,

The only bad thing I see in towing it is that you put miles on the car that could add up very high and fast. ( I guess you could pull the speedo cable, but what a pain! ) I don't know about the new (M2) with electronic speed'o, if that shows up or not. I guess you would need to have the key on to unlock the steering, but I just don't know. :-)

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Reply to