used miatae: ebay vs autotrader prices

Hi all, i have been tracking the prices of used miatae on ebay and autotrader and noticed that autotrader is typically pricier almost always by $800-900 even when sold by individual sellers (assuming similar model year + miles). Assuming that i am buying from a person in another city, is there anyone particular reason to go with autotrader when ebay offers a free limited warranty on powertrain and optional insurance?

i hope this debate hasnt been beaten to death before!

thanks all, sri

Reply to
redcat

and i wonder what percentage of the autotrade price have a "haggle margin" ? any ideas?

Reply to
redcat

I used AutoTrader to get my 10AE.... negotiated 2,000 off list price. I personally think Ebay tends to lead to inflated prices.. but I have seen some good deals close.

I used Edmonds or Kelly blue book Private party values to negotiate with Private seller... worked fo me...

Reply to
steelyRon

wow $2000 off list is awesome!

Reply to
redcat

Look at both Edmunds and Kelly... I saw a big difference in the models that I checked. Then obviously use the lower one when negotiating. Some sellers just don't check it out.

Reply to
steelyRon