Visited yesterday!

Congrats on getting your car back. It's hell going through Miata withdrawal, isn't it?!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

I hadda drive a minivan, .

Actually, I like my minivan, it's a Buick Terraza with one of these:

The Backpacker is one of mankind's truly great inventions for those of us who need it. It keeps the scooter inside, dry and protected and allows amazingly fast and effortless loading and unloading.

Reply to
XS11E

And tonight we had a huge storm. Wind, thunder, lightening, rain and, finally, hail driven by strong wind.

Lost power here for an hour or so....

I do not want to look at the Miata but I suspect I'll be calling the insurance company in the AM..... I suspect I'll be seeing hail damage on the Buick, as well.

Garages are nice, wish I had a three car one...

Reply to
XS11E

And all is OK! Apparently the hail stones were too small to do damage and the hail lasted only around 15 minutes although the rain, lightening and thunder (and the power outage!) continued for another hour or more.

I'm very relieved.

Reply to
XS11E

I was lucky!

From the Arizona Republic:

A series of fast-moving thunderstorms packing hurricane-force winds plowed through the Phoenix area late Thursday night, uprooting trees, knocking down power poles, ripping off roofs and leaving some 100,000 homes and businesses without power.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.

Arizona Public Service Company said it still had 50,000 customers without electricity early Friday, while Salt River Project estimated

11,000 of its customers were without power. The storm, which dumped up to a 1.5 inches of rain and three-quarter- inch hail in some areas, shut down Sky Harbor International Airport for about an hour during the height of the storm. Flight delays continued early Friday as crews worked to remove debris blown onto the runways.

National Weather Service meteorologist Leslie Wanek said Sky Harbor recorded peak winds of 75 mph , but radar indicated that winds of up to

100 mph in parts of the metro area as the severe storms moved from east to west during about a 3-hour period.

Flash-flood warnings were issued for the central and East Valley

Reply to
XS11E

Look it over good, slight hail damage can be a bit tricky to see especially on a white car. I'm happy for you if you came thru intact!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Good idea, I'll look more carefully tomorrow.

Thanks for the thought but you're not half as happy as I am!

Reply to
XS11E

True!

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Reply to
awkard

$1,000.00 I've known the guy who runs the shop for years and had other work done there so that may not be a "walk-in" price.

No dents. I live in Phoenix, AZ and don't understand this word "rust"? The only way to find a rusted car here is to get one from somewhere else...

I got one bid of $1,700 which would probably be the top of the line work, Earl Scheib and Maaco would do it for around $700. I doubt you'd be happy with their work....

Reply to
XS11E

I just got a 93 BMW 325i painted at Macco for $350~$400 and I've got to say it's an incredible value at this price. A bit of orange peal but not bad at all. I guess the main thing on the miata would be making sure they use a flex paint on the nose and tail. But if you can't come up with big money, and you don't need perfection, it's worth consideration!

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo