water in the oil...but no water in the oil...????

Can anyone please help me...I have a peugeot 206 and have realised there is water in my oil...i have flushed the water out and there is also alot oil in the radiator...there is no evidence of water in the oil.....

Reply to
byrney

I have found oil in the water....but no water in the oil..i have flushed it all and there is loads of oil in the radiator...what could this be

Reply to
byrney

So, which is it? :)

In reality, it doesn't matter. Oil in water, water in oil, or both--assuming no one has poured fluids down the wrong hole, it simply depends on where the head gasket has failed. The fix is the same: replace the gasket.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Occasionally I will experience water in my oil due to condensation and/or not getting the engine up to operating temps before shutting down.

How do I know this is the case? It's an air-cooled engine, so that sort of rules out coolant... :) Oh, I'm talking about my motorcycle..but then, you're talking about a Pug 206. Neither of which are Mazda Miatas.

But, ah, yeah, do a compression test...it doesn't sound good for your head gasket.

Reply to
C. Deforrest

Sad thing there is it may not just be water. Condensed combustion byproducts often contain a cocktail of sulphuric acid & other corrosive compounds. This eats away bearing surfaces, and causes short engine life. Best give that engine a bit of a thrash occasionally.

Reply to
Mal Osborne