What wiper blades for 2000 Mazda Protege?

I didn't really know where to post this question.... but since Im thinking of getting a Miata I thought it ok to post here.

I currently have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES. I need some new wiper refiles for it.

First off.... it seems all you can buy now days is the complete wiper blade... insert and all. I went to Walmart and that was al they had. Do I really need to replace the complete arm every 6 months or year?

So..... Im curious.... what brand blades do you buy? And do you just replace the insert or the whole arm?

Also.... where do you buy them?

Iv head that Bosch brand are good/ True? Any other brands worth considering?

I like to carry a spare set in my trunk in case Im traveling and the blades on the windshield gets damaged.

Advice?

John

Reply to
me63401

Buy inserts at your Mazda dealer. The OEM wiper blades are significantly better quality than aftermarket items--they last for years, not months, and so are cheaper in the long run. I last replaced mine in 1997.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thanks Lenny

But I wonder why they last so much longer than say Anco inserts?

John

Reply to
me63401